Parks and Recreation
HUNTING AND FISHING
Hunting rules and regulations obtaining a WI hunting license here.
If fishing sounds more your speed, check out information on obtaining a fishing license here in Wausau.
DOG FRIENDLY PARKS AND INFORMATION
Pets are important parts of our family and when you move to a community it’s nice to know there will be plenty for them to do as well.
There are many parks in the Wausau area that allow our four legged friends, some leashed and some without. Below is a list of some of the parks in the Wausau area that allow dogs.
- Sandy’s Bark Park – On/off leash 2201 Oriole Lane, Wausau, WI 715-842-0983
- Marathon Park – On leash 1201 Stewart Ave, Wausau WI 715-842-2522
- The Village of Weston Dog Park – Off leash 6100 Rogan Ln Weston, WI 54476 715-359-9988
- Friendship Dog Park – 2350 Sunny Meadow Dr, Kronenwetter, WI 54455
- Other off leash pet friendly areas
Sometimes we have to leave town and having a safe place for our pets to stay is important. Below are a few places in Wausau for boarding your pets.
First Class Pet Lodge – 1400 N. County Rd X Wausau, WI 54403 715-849-5365
Coming to visit the Wausau area and need a hotel that allows pets? Below is a list of pet friendly hotels in Wausau.
- La Quinta Inn Wausau – 1910 Stewart Ave Wausau, WI 54401 715-842-0421
- Quality Inn Wausau – 2901 Hummingbird Rd Wausau, WI 54401 715-842-1616
- Super 8 Wausau – 2006 West Stewart Ave Wausau, WI 54401 715-203-4876
Pet friendly stores in the Wausau area